Lesson for christmas - children

 As Christmas is approaching and most of us are teaching online, I created a powerpoint designed for children (in my case, 5-7 years old). I added the nursery rhyme Père "Noël es-tu là" as well as as the story: "Le Noël de Mélanie Souris" (connecting to the previous lesson about animals). At the end, we sang "Petit papa Noël". 

With revising the vocabulary learnt from the previous lesson about animals and the usual rituals, the lesson lasts 50 minutes.


Merry christmas everyone


Highlights:

After learning the vocabulary, here is a game to help the learners remember the word. As it is online, I ask them to say the number matching the word in the question.





Memory game: again here, since the lesson happens online, the only way I found to make it work, was to use numbers. Each learner has to say two numbers to see if there is a match and the game goes on until all the matching cards are found.




As this is normally an activity that the learners would love doing, I tried to recreate this online. I point at a body part and ask what would suit (une écharpe, des yeux, des boutons,...).




This is another nice activity to do. I ask them to tell me where each thing goes and where (sur la cheminée, sur le sapin, sous le sapin). I drag the item and place it where the learner says.





I am happy to share my powerpoint :) just send me your email address


Comments